- UFC 183 Embedded Episode 4
- Stephen ‘Wonderboy’ Thompson Out Of UFC Fight Night 60 Headliner Against Brandon Thatch
- Updated: Chris Weidman Injured, UFC 184 Bout With Vitor Belfort Cancelled
- Jose Aldo vs. Conor McGregor Official For UFC 189 Main Event In July
- UFC 183 Weigh-Ins Video & Results: Gastelum & Lineker Miss Badly
Daniel Cormier reports that his Hand is Broken
Daniel Cormier entered the Strikeforce Heavyweight World Grand Prix semifinal round as a replacement for the injured Alistair Overeem. The two-time Olympic wrestler made the most of the opportunity, knocking out Antonio “Bigfoot” Silva in the first round and punching his ticket to the Grand Prix finals.
After the fight Cormier could be seen favoring his right hand, saying during his in cage interview, “On the first right hand I hit him with I kinda jacked up my hand, I’m hoping it’s not too bad, but if it is, oh well, I still got the knockout.”
Cormier’s hopes that his hand was not too damaged took a hit after a doctor’s visit, “Just got done seeing Dr. Hand is broken will be on the shelf 4 a while. Still looking forward to finishing tourney. Thx 4 support. DC” – Cormier tweeted.
Cormier did not indicate how long he expected to be out of action due to the injury.
Further Reading: Daniel Cormier: Bigfoot never recovered from the first Knockdown