- Quote: Vitor Belfort Turned Down Interim Title Bout With Lyoto Machida
- UFC 183: Thiago Alves vs. Jordan Mein Highlights
- UFC 183: Anderson Silva vs. Nick Diaz Highlights
- UFC 183 Post-Fight Bonuses: Thiago Alves Pockets $50,000
- Poll: Where Does Anderson Silva Go From Here?
- Benson Henderson To Make Welterweight Debut, Faces Brandon Thatch At UFC Fight Night 60
- UFC 183: Miesha Tate vs. Sara McMann Highlights And Post-Fight Interview
- UFC 183 Post-Fight Press Conference
- UFC 183 Main Card Live Results: Anderson Silva Outclasses Nick Diaz
- Jose Aldo vs. Conor McGregor Official For UFC 189 Main Event In July
World Series of Fighting debuts with a series of impressive knockouts
The World Series of Fighting made its debut on NBC Sports last night, and the fights provided some action worthy of a very strong start for the promotion. The main card started off with highly regarded K-1 striker Tyrone Spong taking on Travis Bartlett. Spong’s debut was a convincing one, as he destroyed Bartlett with a right hand so vicious, all Spong did was walk away with victory in hand.
Former WEC Bantamweght champion Miguel Torres fighting two-time national Muay Thai champion Marlon Moraes. In a back-and-forth battle, Moraes emerged victorious with a close split decision. Anthony “Rumble” Johnson faced D.J. Linderman and put hum away in the first with a strong right hand simliar to that of Spong’s, scoring the knockout. The Blackzilians in Florida had a great showing on Saturday night.
In the main event, former UFC Heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski faced off with Devin Cole. Arlovski blasted his opponent with an overhand right in the first round, making short work of his WSOF debut. The WSOF came out with some amazing knockouts on a card that was sure to score some fans. They have some decent talent with several former UFC fighters on the roster. The promotion is still young, but with some more fighters and more knockouts, the coming year could be a good time for the new WSOF.
WSOF 1 Full Results:
Andrei Arlovski def. Devin Cole via R1 TKO (Strikes)
Anthony Johnson def. D.J. Linderman via R1 KO (Punch)
Marlon Moraes def Miguel Torres via Split Decision (30-27, 28-29, 29-28)
Tyrone Spong def. Travis Bartlett via R1 KO (Punch)
Tyson Steele def. Gregor Gracie via R1 TKO
Brian Cobb def. Ronys Torres via split decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)
Josh Burkman def. Gerald Harris via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)
Gesias Cavalcante def. TJ O’Brien via R1 submission (Screw Lock)
Dave Branch def. Dustin Jacoby via unanimous decision
Steve Carl vs. Ramico Blackmon via R1 submission (Rear Naked Choke)