- UFC on FOX 15 Post-Fight Press Conference
- UFC on FOX 15 Main Card Results: Paige VanZant Demolishes Felice Herrig
- UFC on FOX 15 Preliminary Card Results: Dariush Dominates Miller
- Lyoto Machida: I Try To Remove All Pressure & Emotion From My Fights
- Poll: Which Bout Will Win UFC on FOX 15′s ‘Fight Of The Night?’
- Jacare Still Believes The Next Title Shot Will Be His
- UFC on FOX 15 Official Weigh-In Video & Results: Main Event On Point
- Rafael dos Anjos Aims For November Return Following Surgery
- Jon Jones: ‘Mr. JV’ Phil Davis Can’t ‘Crumble Me Like A Cookie’ In Bellator
- UFC on FOX 15 LowKick Predictions
The Blackzilians Appoint Olympic Gold Medalist Kenny Monday As Wrestling Coach
The Blackzilians, otherwise known as Imperial Athletics, have been on somewhat of a losing streak lately. Guys like Rashad Evans, formerly Melvin Guillard, Alistair Overeem, Gesias Cavalcante, Thiago Silva and Jorge Santiago, to name a few, have all lost disappointingly, and sometimes frequently as of late.
As well as the recent signing of renowned boxing coach Pedro Diaz, The Blackzilians have also bolstered their team with Olympic gold medalist Kenny Monday. According to the recent press release, Monday will serve as the teams wrestling coach.
“It is an honor and a privilege to announce that Kenny Monday is now a Blackzilian,” said Glenn Robinson, The Blackzilians owner and manager. “He is a legend! He brings world-class wrestling and so many other new facets to the team. He is without a doubt considered one of the best in the sport, and along with Henri Hooft, Jorge Santiago and Pedro Diaz, he will elevate the team to new levels. We have some of the best talent in fighting, from the athletes to the coaches, and now with the addition of Monday we are one change away from having the best coaching team in MMA. Change doesn’t happen overnight; it takes place in small steps, and this is a significant step forward for the Blackzilians. Welcome to the team, Mr. Monday, we are thrilled to have you!”
There is no doubt that having great teachers will help to create even greater students, so could this be a turning point for the Florida based fight team? Well lets look at the guys on their roster.
With guys like that fighting for you and a great training team in place, in my opinion, there is a very bright future for The Blackzilians. I think the telling factor will be the results in the near future.
Wrestling is one of the strongest bases for a MMA fighter, mainly due to the cardio and conditioning, so I think Monday being on board is going to help the team immensly. Only time will tell and I hope we can see a motivated and rejuvanated Rashad Evans face Dan Henderson at UFC 161.