- Bellator 126 Results Recap: A New Champ Is Crowned
- UFC 178 Weigh-In Video & Results: Poirier & McGregor Get Heated In Las Vegas
- Vitor Belfort Accuses Chris Weidman Of Stalling
- UFC 178 LowKick MMA Staff Predictions
- Anthony Johnson vs Alexander Gustafsson Was Set For UFC on FOX 13…
- Quote: Gina Carano Harder To Deal With Than Tito Ortiz
ONE FC 5 Results: Arlovski and Sylvia Fight ends in a Controversial No-Contest
The fourth fight between two former UFC Heavyweight Champions Tim Sylvia and Andrei Arlovski at the ‘ONE Fighting Championships’ “Pride of a Nation” event in the Philippines on Friday ended in a controversial “no contest”.
In the second round, Arlovski dropped Sylvia with a massive overhand right to the jaw, followed up with 2 soccer kicks to Sylvia’s shoulder and head. Under ONE FC’s rules, soccer kicks are allowed in “open attack” when a fighter has knocked an opponent down and the ref gives a signal to the fighter. Referee Yuji Shimada did not call for the “open attack,” and Arlovski’s soccer kicks were declared a foul.
Sylvia was given five minutes to recover while Shimada and ONE FC officials conferred in the cage. Sylvia decided that he could not see or continue, and the fight was declared “no contest”.
Both fighters agreed to a fifth fight in ONE FC during post-fight interviews with Commentator Jason Chambers.