- Frankie Edgar Says He Should Be Next For Jose Aldo
- UFC Fight Night 57 Post-Fight Bonuses: Frankie Edgar Pockets Extra $50,000
- UFC Fight Night 57: Frankie Edgar vs. Cub Swanson Highlights
- UFC Fight Night 57: Edson Barboza vs. Bobby Green Highlights
- UFC Fight Night 57 Post-Fight Press Conference
- UFC Fight Night 57 Main Card Results: Frankie Edgar Scores Latest Finish In UFC History
- Metamoris 5 Results: Gracie vs Sakuraba Ends In Draw
- UFC Fight Night 57 Preliminary Card Results: VanZant Tops Curran
Nick Newell inks deal with World Series of Fighting
Looks like Nick Newell got what he wanted. After refusing to sign a contract extension with his former organization XFC, Newell made it clear that he was looking for more lucrative opportunities and Dreaming of bigger and better things.
With lofty goals in mind, Newell has now amassed an impressive 9-0 record at Lightweight, stopping by to make an appearance on the MMA Hour, Newell made it quite clear that his objective is to progress as far as he can and accomplish as much as he can despite what seems to be in his opinion only a minor disadvantage:
“At 27 years old, I want to get to the top as soon as I can. No more playing around. I want to fight the guys who will get me where I want to be.”
With interest from most of the major promotions, Newell didn’t have much to worry about, although it’s interesting to note that no offer’s were made from the UFC.
Owner’s Ray Sefo and Abdel-Aziz are not yet sure when Newell will make his debut but they do anticpate it being somewehre around September/October.
Stay tuned to Lowkick for more information on Newell’s debut.