- Ronda Rousey vs Cat Zingano Confirmed For UFC 182
- Joe Lauzon Reportedly Out Of UFC 180 Bout Against Diego Sanchez
- Paulo Thiago Released By UFC Following Three Straight Losses
- Mark Hunt Needs To Cut 37 Pounds For UFC 180
- Jose Aldo Still Feels Devalued By The UFC, Wants More Money
- Poll: Who Wins The UFC 180 Main Event?
Nick Newell inks deal with World Series of Fighting
Looks like Nick Newell got what he wanted. After refusing to sign a contract extension with his former organization XFC, Newell made it clear that he was looking for more lucrative opportunities and Dreaming of bigger and better things.
With lofty goals in mind, Newell has now amassed an impressive 9-0 record at Lightweight, stopping by to make an appearance on the MMA Hour, Newell made it quite clear that his objective is to progress as far as he can and accomplish as much as he can despite what seems to be in his opinion only a minor disadvantage:
“At 27 years old, I want to get to the top as soon as I can. No more playing around. I want to fight the guys who will get me where I want to be.”
With interest from most of the major promotions, Newell didn’t have much to worry about, although it’s interesting to note that no offer’s were made from the UFC.
Owner’s Ray Sefo and Abdel-Aziz are not yet sure when Newell will make his debut but they do anticpate it being somewehre around September/October.
Stay tuned to Lowkick for more information on Newell’s debut.