- Jon Jones’ Legal Team Looking Into Possible Foul Play Regarding January Drug Test
- Andrei Arlovski Would Love A Rematch With Fedor Emeliananko
- Anthony Pettis Believes He Can Take Over As UFC’s Top Star
- Hostilities Rise Between Cyborg and Ronda Rousey Camp
- Anderson Silva Surprised By Drug Test Drama, Talks Rematch With Nick Diaz
- Fedor Emelianenko Reveals That Russian Fighters Won’t Take His Advice
- Kelvin Gastelum, Efrain Escudero Named TUF: Latin America 2 Coaches
- UFC 193 Official In Melbourne
- What’s The Point Of Debating Ronda Rousey’s Ability To Defeat Male Fighters?
Next World Series of Fighting event set for January 26
The World Series of Fighting managed to pull of their first MMA event without much of a hitch as the action keptfans entertained with a slew of finishes. With the first event in the can, WSoF is hard at work planning a follow up event, scheduled for January 26 in Las Vegas.
WSoF president Ray Sefo made the announcement shortly after the debut show ended. Although he didn’t allude to whether or not there will be new talent coming to the promotion, we can likely expect Tyrone Spong and perhaps Anthony Johnson and Andrei Arlovski back on the card considering their quick finishes of their opponents.
However, Miguel Torres — the other major name that signed to the promotion — may not be on the main card for the next event as his upset loss to Marlon Moraes now has him at 3-5 in his last eight fights. Meanwhile, Moraes is the only fighter set for the January 26 show. The Brazilian Muy Thai specialist will take on Tyson Nam, who is coming off of a knockout victory over Eduardo Dantas at Shooto Brazil 33 back in August.
There has yet to be any talk of how champions will be determined but we’ll keep an eye out in hopes that we’ll get more clarity on how the WSoF plans to separate itself from the competition.