- Quote: Vitor Belfort Turned Down Interim Title Bout With Lyoto Machida
- UFC 183: Thiago Alves vs. Jordan Mein Highlights
- UFC 183: Anderson Silva vs. Nick Diaz Highlights
- UFC 183 Post-Fight Bonuses: Thiago Alves Pockets $50,000
- Poll: Where Does Anderson Silva Go From Here?
- Benson Henderson To Make Welterweight Debut, Faces Brandon Thatch At UFC Fight Night 60
- UFC 183: Miesha Tate vs. Sara McMann Highlights And Post-Fight Interview
- UFC 183 Post-Fight Press Conference
- UFC 183 Main Card Live Results: Anderson Silva Outclasses Nick Diaz
- Jose Aldo vs. Conor McGregor Official For UFC 189 Main Event In July
Ricardo Mayorga set to make MMA debut.
After a spectacular professional boxing career which saw Ricardo Mayorga reach the heights of the boxing ladder with world championship belts at two weights and a record of 29-7-1(23ko) he has made the move in to the world of MMA. As more and more sportsmen from other fields make the move in to the sport Ricardo is going to debut against former UFC fighter Din Thomas. The two are set to meet under the banner of Shine Fights who will be holding the event (Shine Fights 3) at Crown Coliseum in N.C.
Other fights are yet to be announced on the card but rumors that Brazilian Murilo ‘Ninja’ Rua (brother of UFC LHW contender Mauricio ‘Shogun’ Rua) will face off against Falaniko Vitale have been circulating. 36 year old Ricardo Mayorga will face a stiff challenge in his MMA debut coming up against a fighter in Thomas who has scored victories over such fighters as Matt Serra,Clay Guida and Rich Clementi(all in the UFC) and holds a record of 25-8(7ko,14sub). The challenge facing Mayorga will be can he make the transition in to the MMA world against an opponent who has 14 wins by submission? The only way he will be able to is if he has trained real hard on his ground game and he will need to not be stuck in the mindset of a boxer.
With sports icons such as Bob Sapp,Herschel Walker,Brock Lesnar and even James Tony(who is still trying) making their names in MMA will this boxing icon be able to make an impact? I would like to think so but only time will tell.