- Jose Aldo Says Chad Mendes Hasn’t Changed Since UFC 142
- Why Georges St-Pierre Shouldn’t Rush To Return
- ‘Bones’ Knows? Nude Video Of Jon Jones On Snapchat Leaked Online
- Re-Debut: Henry Cejudo vs Dustin Kimura Added To UFC on FOX 13
- Will 2015 Spell The End Of Jon Jones’ Reign?
- Michael Bisping vs Luke Rockhold Counterpunch Video
- Daniel Cormier: I’m Always Thinking About Jon Jones
- Alexander Gustafsson vs Rashad Evans Rumored For January UFC In Sweden
- UFC 179: Glover Teixeira vs Phil Davis Fight Breakdown
- Poll: Predicting The Outcome Of UFC 179′s Main Event
Ricardo Mayorga set to make MMA debut.
After a spectacular professional boxing career which saw Ricardo Mayorga reach the heights of the boxing ladder with world championship belts at two weights and a record of 29-7-1(23ko) he has made the move in to the world of MMA. As more and more sportsmen from other fields make the move in to the sport Ricardo is going to debut against former UFC fighter Din Thomas. The two are set to meet under the banner of Shine Fights who will be holding the event (Shine Fights 3) at Crown Coliseum in N.C.
Other fights are yet to be announced on the card but rumors that Brazilian Murilo ‘Ninja’ Rua (brother of UFC LHW contender Mauricio ‘Shogun’ Rua) will face off against Falaniko Vitale have been circulating. 36 year old Ricardo Mayorga will face a stiff challenge in his MMA debut coming up against a fighter in Thomas who has scored victories over such fighters as Matt Serra,Clay Guida and Rich Clementi(all in the UFC) and holds a record of 25-8(7ko,14sub). The challenge facing Mayorga will be can he make the transition in to the MMA world against an opponent who has 14 wins by submission? The only way he will be able to is if he has trained real hard on his ground game and he will need to not be stuck in the mindset of a boxer.
With sports icons such as Bob Sapp,Herschel Walker,Brock Lesnar and even James Tony(who is still trying) making their names in MMA will this boxing icon be able to make an impact? I would like to think so but only time will tell.