- Josh Thomson Squares Off Against Tony Ferguson On July 15
- Benson Henderson & Michael Johnson Verbally Agree To Fight
- UFC 185 Drug Tests Come Back Negative
- Alexander Gustafsson Faces Glover Teixeira At UFC Fight Night 69 In Berlin
- Jose Aldo Says There Was ‘No Slap,’ Find Out For Yourself
- Ronda Rousey Joins ‘The Rock’ At WrestleMania To Throw ‘Triple H,’ Dana White Approves
- Anthony Pettis Has No Timetable For Return, Wants To Fight Nate Diaz
- WSOF 19: Justin Gaethje vs. Luis Palomino Video Highlights
Ray Sefo announces upcoming kickboxing match against Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic
Following his UFC 137 technical knockout loss to Roy Nelson, Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic announced that he was retiring from the UFC. The loss marked the third consecutive time the former PRIDE legend had been stopped by KO/TKO. The previous two losses came at the hands of Frank Mir and Brendan Schaub.
However it appears that fans of combat sports will get one more opportunity to see Filipovic compete, as Ray Sefo took to his twitter account to announce, “Some news for you all my fight with Mirko Cro-Cop has been confirmed for March 10th!!!” Sefo then added, “The fight will be a K-1 rule fight, it’s held in Zagreb Croatia I’m told it’ll be in front of 25,000 people….”
Sefo then informed his twitter followers, “It’s a K-1 rule fight, the promoters are called Fight Channel Promotions. A TV network.”
The last time Filipovic competed in a kickboxing bout was April 30, 2003, knocking out Bob Sapp at the 1:26 mark of Round One. Sefo’s last fight was a unanimous decision loss to Tyrone Spong on October 2, 2010.
As of now, there has not been an official announcement of this fight.
Further Reading: Remembering Cro Cop: A look back at the career of Mirko Filipovic
Mirko Cro Cop before his fight with Eddie Sanchez at the Ultimate Fighting Champion Championship UFC 67 at the Mandalay Bay Hotel in Las Vegas on Feb. 3, 2007. Photo credit: Francis Specker