- UFC 186: Michael Bisping vs. C.B. Dollaway Video Highlights
- UFC 186: Rampage Jackson vs. Fabio Maldonado Video Highlights
- UFC 186: Demetrious Johnson vs. Kyoji Horiguchi Video Highlights
- Al Iaquinta Meets Bobby Green At UFC on FOX 16
- UFC 186 Bonuses: ‘Mighty Mouse’ Leads List Of Four $50,000 Winners
- UFC 186 Post-Fight Press Conference
- UFC 186 Main Card Live Results: ‘Mighty Mouse’ Scores Latest Finish In UFC History
- Top Five ‘Rampage’ Knockouts Of All-Time
- UFC 186 Preliminary Card Results: Patrick Cote Outlasts Joe Riggs
- ‘Bigfoot’ Silva vs Soa Palelei Added To UFC 190 In August
Ray Sefo announces upcoming kickboxing match against Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic
Following his UFC 137 technical knockout loss to Roy Nelson, Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic announced that he was retiring from the UFC. The loss marked the third consecutive time the former PRIDE legend had been stopped by KO/TKO. The previous two losses came at the hands of Frank Mir and Brendan Schaub.
However it appears that fans of combat sports will get one more opportunity to see Filipovic compete, as Ray Sefo took to his twitter account to announce, “Some news for you all my fight with Mirko Cro-Cop has been confirmed for March 10th!!!” Sefo then added, “The fight will be a K-1 rule fight, it’s held in Zagreb Croatia I’m told it’ll be in front of 25,000 people….”
Sefo then informed his twitter followers, “It’s a K-1 rule fight, the promoters are called Fight Channel Promotions. A TV network.”
The last time Filipovic competed in a kickboxing bout was April 30, 2003, knocking out Bob Sapp at the 1:26 mark of Round One. Sefo’s last fight was a unanimous decision loss to Tyrone Spong on October 2, 2010.
As of now, there has not been an official announcement of this fight.
Further Reading: Remembering Cro Cop: A look back at the career of Mirko Filipovic
Mirko Cro Cop before his fight with Eddie Sanchez at the Ultimate Fighting Champion Championship UFC 67 at the Mandalay Bay Hotel in Las Vegas on Feb. 3, 2007. Photo credit: Francis Specker