- Matt Mitrione Views Andrei Arlovski As ‘The Next Step’
- Machida vs. Dollaway Scheduled For UFC Fight Night 58
- Coach: Hendricks About 85 Percent, Looking To Return In February
- Ronda Rousey: I’m Sure ‘Cyborg’ Will Dope As Long As Possible Before Coming To UFC
- UFN 50 Medical Suspensions: ‘Jacare’ & Rothwell Out Indefinitely
Josh Neer excited to fight Alvarez.
One of Bellator’s newly signed fighters,Josh Neer (27-9-1) is scheduled to fight Eddie Alvarez at Bellator’s May event.Josh say’s he is happy with the fight because it is at 160lbs which means he isn;t having to the extra 5lbs of weight to meet the lightweight limit but he’s even more excited to have an opponent who is known for good striking skills and probably won’t look to lay and pray for victory.
‘I dont see Alvarez just trying to take me down and lay on top of me for three rounds because thats not the type of fighter I think he is,’ Neer said.
The ten time UFC veteran has lost his last two UFC fights by decision and his release from the UFC soon followed,so this may be why the subject is raw in Josh’s mind right now. Although he admits he was quite surprised by the decision as many other fighters who have been cut recently probably would say.Neer at only 26 has had almost 40 fights and he acknowledges that the losses have taught him a lesson.
In his opponent Eddie Alvarez (19-2,11 by KO) he finds an exciting explosive striker and come the May ‘super fight’ I think we are going to see fireworks.