- WSOF 19 Results: Justin Gaethje Defeats Luis Palomino In All-Out War
- Bellator 135: L.C. Davis vs. Hideo Tokoro Full Fight Video
- Anderson Silva Talks Conor McGregor: You Have To Promote The Right Way, With Respect
- Lyoto Machida Believes Luke Rockhold’s Weakness Is Striking
- Brendan Schaub Moves Down To Light Heavyweight For Next Fight
- Dana White Reveals Jose Aldo Went Crazy After McGregor Slapped Him On Back
- TJ Dillashaw vs. Renan Barao II Will Still Happen
- Bellator 135 Results: Marcos Galvao Crowned New Bantamweight Champ
Houston Alexander vs. James Irvin II set for Shark Fights 14
The Light Heavyweight clash will be a rematch of their Fight Night 13 bout in 2008 where Alexander was knocked out by Irvin just eight seconds into the fight.
Alexander started his UFC career with impressive first round knockout victories over Keith Jardine and Alessio Sakara before dropping his next four bouts with the promotion. Since the loss to Kimbo Slice that resulted in his release, Alexander has won two of three match-ups and is currently enjoying a two-fight win streak. In his latest effort, at Shark Fights 13 in September, Alexander survived a first round thrashing at the hands of Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou to score a TKO victory in the second.
Irvin, meanwhile, posted a 4-6 mark with the UFC before a three fight losing streak led to his release. Most recently, “The Sandman” faced Mike Crisman in a Gladiator Challenge match-up, which ended in a “no contest” after Irvin landed an illegal knee strike to Crisman’s head. The bout makes him 1-1-1 since his time with Zuffa.