- Ryan Bader: Nobody Else Is Qualified For That Title Shot
- Carlos Condit Thinks Thiago Alves Is The Perfect Opponent
- Again? Floyd Mayweather Willing To Rematch Manny Pacquiao Next Year
- The UFC Plans Big Changes For Hall Of Fame
- Anthony Pettis Warns Khabib: When You Talk About Injuries, They Happen To You
- Joe Rogan Wonders If Brain Damage Aided Jon Jones’ Hit And Run
- Anthony Johnson: I Worked My A** Off To Get Where I Am
- LowKick MMA Is Hiring Writers & Contributors!
Fan opinion: Top 10 MMA submissions
10. Jeremy Horn submits Chael Sonnen at UFC 60 with a rarely seen triangle/armbar which left Sonnen screaming in submission.
9. Mauricio ‘Shogun’ Rua submits former UFC champ Kevin Randleman via kneebar at Pride 32 in 2006.
8. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira submits Mirko Cro Cop in his prime at Pride in 2003 via armbar.
7. Rumina Sato submits Charles Taylor via flying arm bar in just 5 seconds at shooto in 1999.
6. Frank Mir submits Brock Lesnar at UFC 81 via knee bar after taking brutal ground and pound from the now HW champ.
5. Kazushi Sakuraba submits Renzo Gracie at Pride FC 10 via Kimura. He informed the referee that he had broken the arm and the fight was stopped.
4. Ryo Chonan submits Anderson Silva at Pride 2004 via flying scissor heel hook. The current UFC champ was instantly forced to tap after dominating Chonan all through the fight.
3. Fedor submits Kevin Randleman at Pride critical countdown 2004. After Kevin Randleman almost broke Fedor’s neck following a huge sky suplex slam, Fedor improved position almost instantly and applied the arm lock that saw former UFC champ Randleman tap out.
2. Matt Hughes submits Frank Trigg at UFC 52. Trigg almost knocked Hughes out with standing strikes and then some brutal ground and pound, then he had Hughes all but out in a rear naked choke. Hughes escaped the choke and scored a huge running takedown followed by a rear naked choke of his own, forcing Trigg to tap. This bout was for the title.
1. Toby Imada submits Jorge Masvidal at Bellator 2009 via inverted triangle choke. Imada suffered a terrible beating in the first two rounds, his eyes were swollen and black and his nose busted by round 3. Imada managed to get in to position against the cage and put a standing Jorge Masvidal to sleep as he slipped over his back and locked the choke on with his legs. Masvidal went purple and was choked out cold in a match which saw one of the greatest come backs ever and a rarely seen and highly technical move.
Now this is my personal opinion so please don’t be mad if your favorite fighter was not included.