- Poll: Will Anthony Johnson Become The Next Light-Heavyweight Champ?
- Jon Jones Reacts To Anthony Johnson’s Win Over Alexander Gustafsson On Twitter
- UFC on FOX 14: Gegard Mousasi vs. Dan Henderson Highlights
- UFC on FOX 14: Anthony Johnson vs. Alexander Gustafsson Highlights
- UFC on FOX 14 Post-Fight Bonuses: ‘Rumble’ Headlines List Of Four $50,000 Winners
- UFC on FOX 14 Post-Fight Press Conference
- UFC on FOX 14 Main Card Results: Rumble Destroys Alexander Gustafsson In Round One
- UFC on FOX 14 Prelims Results: Tumenov Wins Thriller Over Musoke
Eddie Alvarez to face Josh Neer in Bellator superfight
Eddide Alvarez(19-2, 3-0 BFC), the Bellator LW champ, will return to action for the first time since his October victory in DREAM to face UFC vet Josh Neer(27-9-1,0-0 BFC) in May. Bellator officially announced the bout today but the exact date is still not decided.
This is the first superfight that has been announced by BFC who want the two to face in a non-tile catchweight fight as they wait for more LW contenders to emerge in the rapidly growing MMA organization,which boasts some of the best knockouts and submission finishes of 2009. Sources close to the situation say that the bout will take place at 160lb Catchweight.
Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney said’In addition to being one of the top lightweights on earth,Eddie is a blast to watch fight.Alvarez Vs Neer should produce fireworks from the start.Our hyper-competetive tournaments,may superfights and and september title defense fights will create some awesome nationally televised events’
The champ Alvarez is currently on a four fight win streak including 3 submission finishes in Bellator’s 2009 debut tournament. He is hoping to bounce back after minor knee surgery he underwent in January. Neer comes to Bellator on a 2 fight win streak. He has earned two wins in 2010 after 2 consecutive losses in 2009 got him cut from the UFC.