- Will Ronda Rousey vs. Cris “Cyborg” Justino Ever Happen?
- Burt Watson Denies Resignation Had Anything To Do With Rousey, White & Munoz
- Ronda Rousey: Me Fighting Men Is Not A Reality
- Chris Weidman: “It Just Sucks” That Anderson Silva Took Steroids
- Invicta FC 11: “Cyborg” Pockets 15 x Tweet’s Salary
- Anthony Johnson Doubts Jon Jones Will Train Year-Round
- What’s The Point Of Debating Ronda Rousey’s Ability To Defeat Male Fighters?
Bellator 65 Recap and Results
Tonight Bellator 65 debuted featuring a Bantamweight championship bout between Eduardo Dantas and the popular champion Zach “Fun Size” Makovsky. With both fighters sporting only two losses apiece, this was supposed to be a hotly contested affair. However, the fight found Dantas showcasing his impressive BJJ skills with submission attempts in the first round. Ultimately Dantas secured a beautiful arm-triangle choke in the second round to win the belt, leaving Makovsky unconscious in the process. The victory was an impressive way to gain his first major title in MMA. Other bouts on the card included a co-main event unanimous decision win by Daniel Straus over Mike Corey, and another decision victory by Marcos Galvao over Ed West.
Eduardo Dantas def. Zach Makovsky by submission (arm-triangle choke )
Daniel Straus def. Mike Corey via unanimous decision
Marcos Galvao def. Ed West via unanimous decision
Luis Alberto Nogueira def. Alexis Vila via unanimous decision
Kenny Foster def. Jay Haas via submission (guillotine choke)
E.J. Brooks def. Mikhail Malyutin via unanimous decision
Lyman Good def. LeVon Maynard via KO
Will Martinez def. Terrell Hobbs via submission (rear-naked choke)
Scott Heckman def. Lester Caslow via submission (rear-naked choke)
Duane Bastress def. Plinio Cruz via TKO
Kris McCray def. Ailton Barbosa via split decision