- Matt Mitrione Views Andrei Arlovski As ‘The Next Step’
- Machida vs. Dollaway Scheduled For UFC Fight Night 58
- Coach: Hendricks About 85 Percent, Looking To Return In February
- Ronda Rousey: I’m Sure ‘Cyborg’ Will Dope As Long As Possible Before Coming To UFC
- UFN 50 Medical Suspensions: ‘Jacare’ & Rothwell Out Indefinitely
Bellator 63 Results: Amoussou, Baker, Rickels, Saunders advance to Welterweight semifinals
Bellator 63 kicked-off the promotion’s Season 6 Welterweight Tournament tonight, showcasing a series of exciting quarterfinal match-ups from the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut. Karl Amoussou choked-out Chris Lozano in the opening-round of the headlining bout, while Bryan Baker outpointed Carlos Pereira in the co-main event. Also featured was David Rickels, who needed just 22-seconds to stop Jordan Smith, and Ben Saunders outworked Raul Amaya en-route to a unanimous decision victory.
All four of tonight’s main card winners will advance to the tournament’s semifinal round, where they will square off for a spot in the finals at a later date.
Bellator 63 Main Card Results:
Karl Amoussou def. Chris Lozano via submission (rear naked choke) at 2:05 of round 1
Bryan Baker def. Carlos Pereira via split decision (29–28, 28–29, 29–28)
David Rickels def. Jordan Smith via KO (punches) at 0:22 of round 1
Ben Saunders def. Raul Amaya via unanimous decision (30–26, 30–27, 30–27)