- Bellator 135 Results: Marcos Galvao Crowned New Bantamweight Champ
- Conor McGregor: Everything I Touch Turns To Gold
- Anderson Silva Says Another Title Run Possible If He Has The Opportunity
- Claudia Gadelha Injured, Out Of UFC Fight Night 64
- Ricardo Lamas: Conor McGregor Doesn’t Like It When The Tables Are Turned
- Cyborg’s Attempt To Make Bantamweight Back On For Next Fight
- Dana White Not Optimistic About GSP Return: He Hasn’t Been Hungry For A Long Time
- CABMMA Changes Drew Dober Loss To No Contest
It’s Showtime: Peter Aerts defeated by Tyrone Spong
It’s Showtime held editions 57 and 58 in Brussels, Belgium today, featuring the farewell bout of Peter “The Dutch Lumberjack” Aerts. It was an extremely thrilling card, with some upsets like Robin van Roosmalen’s loss due to TKO as a result of a cut over his eye and amazing knockouts like Andy Ristie’s devastating KO of Samir Djabba at 20 seconds into their first round on the second card.
Tyrone Spong defeated the legendary, Peter Aerts, by TKO in Round Three of the Dutch Lumberjack’s farewell bout. To his credit, Aerts lokked in good shape for his last run in the ring. While every fighter likes to end their career on a win, Aerts ended his in a good fight against a tough opponent.
Before the Aerts vs. Spong bout, it was announced that Glory Sports International acquired It’s Showtime. This will place all of the kickboxers from both promotions into the same organization. Glory will soon announce a new series of events and a modernized tournament format for the rest of the year and for 2013.
It’s Showtime results:
-Duoli Chen defeated Vahap Ozdemir by decision.
-Robbie Hageman defeated Mandela Antoine by decision.
Marat Grigorian defeated Aziz Kallah by unanimous decision.
-Rico Verhoeven defeated Hesdy Gerges by unanimous decision.
-Mourad Bouzidi defeated Rustemi Kreshnik by knockout (Knee) in Round 2.
-Andy Souwer defeated Chris Ngimbi by majority decision to become the new It’s Showtime 70 MAX World Champion.
-Andy Ristie defeated Samir Djabba by knockout (Left Hook) at 20 seconds into the first round.
-Sonny Dagraed defeated Fatih Ozkan by unanimous decision.
-Danyo Ilunga defeated Filip Verlidnen by majority decision (4-1) and retained his It’s Showtime 95 MAX World Title.
-Hafid El Boustati defeated Robin van Roosmalen by TKO due to Doctor stoppage after El Boustati opened a cut over Roosmalen’s eye.
-Daniel Ghita defeated Dzevad Poturak by TKO (liver kick).
-Tyrone Spong defeated Peter Aerts by TKO in Round 3.