- Countdown To UFC 183: Anderson Silva vs Nick Diaz
- UFC on FOX 14 Overnight Numbers Show Biggest FOX Ratings In Two Years
- Five Light Heavyweight Bouts To Make After UFC on FOX 14
- Biggest Winners & Losers From UFC On FOX 14
- Rumble To Jones: Keep Your Hands Up Or It’s Lights Out
- Poll: Will Anthony Johnson Become The Next Light Heavyweight Champ?
- Jon Jones Reacts To Anthony Johnson’s Win Over Alexander Gustafsson
- UFC on FOX 14: Anthony Johnson vs. Alexander Gustafsson Highlights
Golden Glory First 16 Recap and Results
Glory World Series held their First 16 event in Stockholm Sweden, featuring an international card of the world’s top kickboxers in the 70 kg weight class. Fights on the first 16 card were won by Shemsi Beqiri, Robin van Roosmalen, Tim Thomas, David Kyria, Ky Hollenbeck, Sanny Dahlbeck, Albert Kraus and Giorgio Petrosyan. These 8 fighters will face each other in the quarterfinals.
Alex Harris had been ahead in his fight with Nieky Holzken, but Holzken made a spectacular comeback after he dropped Harris three times in a row to win by TKO. Semmy Scilt TKO’d Errol Zimmerman when Zimmerman’s corner threwin the towel in the third round and retained his title.
Gokhan Saki won his Superfight as well. In the 2 MMA bouts which preceeded the First 16, fights were won by Jason Jones and Ilir Latifi.
In all, this was a very thrilling card and certainly delivered on all promises to fight fans who wanted to see some of the top kickboxers in the world compete against each other.
Jason Jones defeated Dritan Bartamaj by Armbar in Round 1.
Ilir Latifi defeated Tony Lopez by unanimous decision.
70kg First 16:
Shemsi Beqiri defeated Yoshihiro Sato by split decision.
Tim Thomas defeated Dennis Schneidmiller by unanimous decision.
Robin van Roosmalen defeated Dzhabar Askerov by unanimous decision.
David Kyria defeated Kem Sitsongpeenong by unanimous decision.
Ky Hollenbeck defeated Michael Corley by TKO in Round 1.
Sanny Dahlbeck defeated Warren Stevelmans by unanimous decision.
Albert Kraus defeated Mohammed El Mir by unanimous decision.
Giorgio Petrosyan defeated Fabio Pinca by unanimous decision.
Nieky Holzken defeated Alex Harris by TKO.
Gokhan Saki defeated Carter Williams by KO via left hook.
Semmy Schilt defeated Errol Zimmerman by TKO in the third round.