- UFC on FOX 15: Paige VanZant vs. Felice Herrig Full Fight Video Highlights
- UFC on FOX 15: Luke Rockhold vs. Lyoto Machida Full Fight Video Highlights
- UFC on FOX 15 Bonuses: Rockhold, Holloway Bank $50,000
- UFC on FOX 15 Post-Fight Press Conference
- UFC on FOX 15 Main Card Results: Luke Rockhold Batters, Submits Lyoto Machida
- UFC on FOX 15 Preliminary Card Results: Dariush Dominates Miller
- Anderson Silva Looking To Represent Brazil In 2016 Summer Olympics
- After Machida, Luke Rockhold Wants Weidman In New York
- LowKick MMA Is Hiring Writers & Contributors!
UFC 158 Recap: Business as usual for Georges St-Pierre
UFC 158 is in the books from The Bell Centre in Montreal, and the main event has provided for us what many had easily expected. UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre has retained his title by controlling the fight with a gameplan heavily based upon wrestling. Nick Diaz never got the range or effectiveness to implement his puncher’s chance, and the title chances will now rest upon tonight’s co-main event winner.
Which brings us to tonight’s best fight, a slobber knocker of an event featuring Johny Hendricks and Carlos Condit. Hendricks used his vaunted, although to this date largely unneeded, wrestling to continually take down former interim titleholder Carlos Condit. Condit was game, and responded well with some great kickboxing of his own, but ultimately the power and top control of the #1 ranked Hendricks won out.
In other action, Jake ‘The Juggernaut’ Ellenberger made what may have been his biggest statement by knocking out Nate Marquardt with an emphatic victory. The only thing left to prove for the up-and-coming Omaha native may be a date with the winner of the GSP-Johny Hendricks bout that is soon to come.
All in all, UFC 158 showed us just how dominant the UFC welterweight division has become. From top to bottom, 170 lb. fighters have shown themselves to be quite the handful. Some may be disappointed with another controlling GSP win, while others may applaud the true future that the division holds. What are your thoughts of the event?
UFC 158 Full Results:
LowKick MMA Fight Night Awards:
Finish of the Night: I’d have to say that Jake Ellenberger truly deserves it, knocking out a former contender to Anderson Silva’s vaunted title in the first. A welterweight title shot could be next in the cards for The Juggernaut.
Performance of the Night: Johny Hendricks is the man to win this award this evening. He responded so well to Carlos Condit’s never-say-die attitude, and the results left us with an incredible fight. GSP-Hendricks is set to be an epic event later this year.
While it may be predictable, GSP comes in a close second here. He faces a truly tough test next in number one contender Johny Hendricks.