- Just How Far Will Edson Barboza Go?
- Cub Swanson Thanks Frankie Edgar For Teaching Him A Lesson
- Poll: Who Deserves The Next UFC Featherweight Title Shot?
- Frankie Edgar Says He Should Be Next For Jose Aldo
- UFC Fight Night 57: Frankie Edgar vs. Cub Swanson Highlights
- UFC Fight Night 57: Edson Barboza vs. Bobby Green Highlights
Satoshi Ishii facing possible retirement following loss to Fedor
When Satoshi Ishii stepped into the ring on New Year’s Eve to face Fedor Emelianenko on the 2011 Dream Fight For Japan fight card it was only his seventh professional MMA bout and if reports are correct it may very well have been his last.
Ishii lasted 2:29 with Fedor before he was knocked out. Reports from the Japanese publication Cyzo (via FightOpinion.com) have doctor’s informing Ishii that he suffered a cerebral edema during the fight and any further blows to the head would cause serious damage.
Ishii took home an Olympic gold medal in 2008 in Judo; in 2011 he was also a gold medal winner at the 2011 United States Championship.
If Ishii is forced to retire due to his injury, he will do so with a 4-2-1 professional record.