- Bellator 135 Results: Marcos Galvao Crowned New Bantamweight Champ
- Conor McGregor: Everything I Touch Turns To Gold
- Anderson Silva Says Another Title Run Possible If He Has The Opportunity
- Claudia Gadelha Injured, Out Of UFC Fight Night 64
- Ricardo Lamas: Conor McGregor Doesn’t Like It When The Tables Are Turned
- Cyborg’s Attempt To Make Bantamweight Back On For Next Fight
- Dana White Not Optimistic About GSP Return: He Hasn’t Been Hungry For A Long Time
- CABMMA Changes Drew Dober Loss To No Contest
Fedor Emelianenko vs. Satoshi Ishii likely for New Year’s Eve
Fresh off his unanimous decision victory over Jeff “The Snowman” Monson in Moscow, it has been confirmed that “The Last Emperor” Fedor Emelienenko will face Heavyweight prospect Satoshi Ishii at the Dream New Year’s Eve event in Japan.
M-1 Global’s Vadim Finkelstein made the announcment at the M-1 Global: Fedor vs. Monson post-fight press conference.
Ishii (4-1-1) is a Japanese judoka and 2008 Olympic gold medalist. Following a unanimous decision loss to Hidehiko Yoshida in his 2009 professional debut, Ishii reeled-off four consecutive victories, including wins over Ikuhisa “Minowaman” Minowa and kickboxer Jerome “Geronimo” Le Banner, before battling to a draw with Paulo Filho in his most recent effort.
Emelianenko (32-4), meanwhile, will look to close out 2011 with a two-fight winning streak after dropping three straight prior to his win over Monson. Once touted as the pound for pound best fighter in the world, the Russian was submitted by Fabricio Werdum in 2010, which was followed by back to back defeats against Antonio Silva and Dan Henderson in 2011.
Dream’s New Year’s Eve event is expected to take place December 31st from the Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan. Also set to be featured is a Lightweight clash between Tatsuya Kawajiri and Kazuyuki Miyata and a Welterweight bout pitting Hayato Sakurai against Ryo Chonan.
Photo: Francis Specker