- Jon Jones Upgraded To Suspect In New Mexico Hit-And-Run Accident
- Poll: Is Demetrious Johnson The World’s No. 1 Pound-For-Pound Fighter?
- What’s Next For UFC 186’s Biggest Winners?
- Rashad Evans Would ‘Definitely Give Rampage A Rematch’
- UFC 186: Michael Bisping vs. C.B. Dollaway Video Highlights
- UFC 186: Rampage Jackson vs. Fabio Maldonado Video Highlights
- UFC 186: Demetrious Johnson vs. Kyoji Horiguchi Video Highlights
- Al Iaquinta Meets Bobby Green At UFC on FOX 16
- UFC 186 Bonuses: ‘Mighty Mouse’ Leads List Of Four $50,000 Winners
- UFC 186 Post-Fight Press Conference
Fedor Emelianenko vs. Satoshi Ishii likely for New Year’s Eve
Fresh off his unanimous decision victory over Jeff “The Snowman” Monson in Moscow, it has been confirmed that “The Last Emperor” Fedor Emelienenko will face Heavyweight prospect Satoshi Ishii at the Dream New Year’s Eve event in Japan.
M-1 Global’s Vadim Finkelstein made the announcment at the M-1 Global: Fedor vs. Monson post-fight press conference.
Ishii (4-1-1) is a Japanese judoka and 2008 Olympic gold medalist. Following a unanimous decision loss to Hidehiko Yoshida in his 2009 professional debut, Ishii reeled-off four consecutive victories, including wins over Ikuhisa “Minowaman” Minowa and kickboxer Jerome “Geronimo” Le Banner, before battling to a draw with Paulo Filho in his most recent effort.
Emelianenko (32-4), meanwhile, will look to close out 2011 with a two-fight winning streak after dropping three straight prior to his win over Monson. Once touted as the pound for pound best fighter in the world, the Russian was submitted by Fabricio Werdum in 2010, which was followed by back to back defeats against Antonio Silva and Dan Henderson in 2011.
Dream’s New Year’s Eve event is expected to take place December 31st from the Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan. Also set to be featured is a Lightweight clash between Tatsuya Kawajiri and Kazuyuki Miyata and a Welterweight bout pitting Hayato Sakurai against Ryo Chonan.
Photo: Francis Specker