- Conor McGregor Bigger Than Georges St-Pierre?
- UFC 178 Donald Cerrone vs Eddie Alvarez Highlights
- UFC 178: Conor McGregor vs Dustin Poirier Highlights
- UFC 178: Demetrious Johnson vs Chris Cariaso Highlights
- UFC 178 Post-Fight Bonuses: Cruz, McGregor Bank $50,000
- Tim Kennedy Will Appeal UFC 178 Loss To Yoel Romero
- UFC 178: Watch Dominick Cruz Destroy Takeya Mizugaki To Earn Next Title Shot
- UFC 178 Prelims Results: Dominick Cruz Dominates Takeya Mizugaki
- UFC 178 Main Card Results: McGregor Scores First Round Finish
Fedor Emelianenko vs. Satoshi Ishii likely for New Year’s Eve
Fresh off his unanimous decision victory over Jeff “The Snowman” Monson in Moscow, it has been confirmed that “The Last Emperor” Fedor Emelienenko will face Heavyweight prospect Satoshi Ishii at the Dream New Year’s Eve event in Japan.
M-1 Global’s Vadim Finkelstein made the announcment at the M-1 Global: Fedor vs. Monson post-fight press conference.
Ishii (4-1-1) is a Japanese judoka and 2008 Olympic gold medalist. Following a unanimous decision loss to Hidehiko Yoshida in his 2009 professional debut, Ishii reeled-off four consecutive victories, including wins over Ikuhisa “Minowaman” Minowa and kickboxer Jerome “Geronimo” Le Banner, before battling to a draw with Paulo Filho in his most recent effort.
Emelianenko (32-4), meanwhile, will look to close out 2011 with a two-fight winning streak after dropping three straight prior to his win over Monson. Once touted as the pound for pound best fighter in the world, the Russian was submitted by Fabricio Werdum in 2010, which was followed by back to back defeats against Antonio Silva and Dan Henderson in 2011.
Dream’s New Year’s Eve event is expected to take place December 31st from the Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan. Also set to be featured is a Lightweight clash between Tatsuya Kawajiri and Kazuyuki Miyata and a Welterweight bout pitting Hayato Sakurai against Ryo Chonan.
Photo: Francis Specker