- Khabib Nurmagomedov: Anthony Pettis Isn’t A True Champ
- Andrei Arlovski Out Six To Eight Weeks
- Eddie Alvarez Says Donald Cerrone Executed At UFC 178, He Didn’t
- Paulo Filho Shot During House Party In Brazil
- St-Pierre: Diaz Made Mistake Taking Silva Fight
- Ben Henderson vs Eddie Alvarez Added To Boston Card
Fedor Emelianenko KO’s Satoshi Ishii in Round 1
Ishii looked strong during the first seconds of the fight, unleashing several striking combinations and leg kicks that troubled “The Last Emperor”. However, when the pair clinched, Ishii was unable to execute a takedown, giving Emelianenko the opportunity to continue the fight in stand-up.
The Russian unleashed combination after combination, as Satoshi Ishii started to enter the so-called “survival mode”. Finally, Emelianenko unleashed a powerful combination, catching Ishii with a right hook that dropped the Olympic Gold Medalist to the canvas. The referee had no choice but to stop the action, awarding Emelianenko his second consecutive victory.
Emelianenko is 2-2 in 2011, with losses to Antonio Silva and Dan Henderson, and victories over Jeff Monson and Satoshi Ishii. It will be interesting to see what the future holds for “The Last Emperor” in 2012.