- Matt Mitrione Views Andrei Arlovski As ‘The Next Step’
- Machida vs. Dollaway Scheduled For UFC Fight Night 58
- Coach: Hendricks About 85 Percent, Looking To Return In February
- Ronda Rousey: I’m Sure ‘Cyborg’ Will Dope As Long As Possible Before Coming To UFC
- UFN 50 Medical Suspensions: ‘Jacare’ & Rothwell Out Indefinitely
Fedor Emelianenko KO’s Satoshi Ishii in Round 1
Ishii looked strong during the first seconds of the fight, unleashing several striking combinations and leg kicks that troubled “The Last Emperor”. However, when the pair clinched, Ishii was unable to execute a takedown, giving Emelianenko the opportunity to continue the fight in stand-up.
The Russian unleashed combination after combination, as Satoshi Ishii started to enter the so-called “survival mode”. Finally, Emelianenko unleashed a powerful combination, catching Ishii with a right hook that dropped the Olympic Gold Medalist to the canvas. The referee had no choice but to stop the action, awarding Emelianenko his second consecutive victory.
Emelianenko is 2-2 in 2011, with losses to Antonio Silva and Dan Henderson, and victories over Jeff Monson and Satoshi Ishii. It will be interesting to see what the future holds for “The Last Emperor” in 2012.