- UFC 182: Jon Jones vs Daniel Cormier Extended Preview
- Matt Brown Says He’ll Fight Saffiedine & CM Punk In One Night
- Poll: Do UFC Fighters Deserve Better Pay And Conditions?
- UFC Responds To Class Action Lawsuit: We Will ‘Vigorously’ Defend Business Practices
- Cung Le: I’m Going To Represent All The Fighters That Are Scared To Take A Step Up
- Jon Fitch, Nate Quarry & Cung Le Among Fighters Behind UFC Lawsuit
- Jon Jones & Ronda Rousey Sign Endorsement Deals With Reebok
- UFC Rankings Update: Dos Anjos Ties Nurmagomedov For #1 Spot
- LowKick MMA Is Looking For New Writers – Come Join Our Team!
Bibiano Fernandes to train with Demetrious Johnson for DREAM GP
According to a report from TATAME, the former DREAM featherweight champion Bibiano Fernandes will be making his return to Bantamweight to be part of the upcoming grand prix. No opponent has been announced as of this date, but the four-time Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu world champion will be driving three hours from Vancouver, Canada to Seattle, Washington to prepare for his upcoming bout. AMC Martial Arts run by legendary coach Matt Hume has invited ‘Bibi’ for a seven day camp and a chance to work with the number one contender for the UFC bantamweight title Demetrious Johnson.
“He called me in for training on his gym and I accepted it. I liked his trainings and his dedicator as a teacher. There’s Demetrious there, who’s really good and is fighting on the bantamweight division in UFC… There’re good athletes there… I liked the Muay Thai, Boxing and Wrestling trainings and I thought ‘there’re good trainings here’. In Canada I’m no longer training at Revolution, so I decided to go on Monday and I’m going there”, revealed Bibiano.
It’s not too often when you have two of the world’s top ten bantamweights training in the same gym. A very focused Bibiano Fernandes will be leaving his family behind and seems very focused to take his game to the next level.
“I’ve talked to my wife and said: ‘Baby, here’s the deal: this is my life, that’s my job, so take care of things, take care of Gabriel, help me out because I need to win this GP’. I’ll be focusing on it, with no risks, only training. After you turn into a father things change, your head changes, the way you live changes”, told the BJJ black belt, who has no problems to debut in a new division.
If Bibi can win the DREAM GP, could he be making his way to the UFC? If Demetrious Johnson wins the title, could he possibly defend the belt against Fernandes? The lighter weight is looking strong and from the sounds of things it’ll just continue to grow.
Bibiano Fernandes will be making his return to bantamweight for the DREAM GP on September 24th in Japan and Demetrious Johnson will be challenging Dominick Cruz for the UFC bantamweight title on October 1st on UFC on Versus 6.
Keep it on lock on Lowkick.com for the latest in MMA news!
Photo by DREAM