- UFC 183 Main Card Live Results: Thales Leites Comes Back To Submit Tim Boetsch
- UFC 183 Prelims Live Results: Gritty Tate Tops McMann
- UFC 183 Post-Fight Press Conference
- Dana White Says John Lineker & Kelvin Gastelum Will Move Up In Weight
- UFC 183 Embedded Episode 4
- Stephen ‘Wonderboy’ Thompson Out Of UFC Fight Night 60 Headliner Against Brandon Thatch
- Updated: Chris Weidman Injured, UFC 184 Bout With Vitor Belfort Cancelled
- Jose Aldo vs. Conor McGregor Official For UFC 189 Main Event In July
- UFC 183 Weigh-Ins Video & Results: Gastelum & Lineker Miss Badly
Alistair Overeem in the Guinness Book of World Records
It seems Alistair Overeem’s New Years Eve outing against Todd Duffee at Dynamite!! was the icing on the cake in more ways than one. According to ‘cagepotato.com’, the versatile Dutch heavyweight has been inducted into the Guinness Book of World Records for being the “only fighter to consecutively hold 3 championship belts”.
Overeem defeated Paul Buentello in 2007 to become the Strikeforce champ thanks to some devastating knee strikes. In 2010 he became the first fighter to hold a championship in MMA and K1, defeating K1 legend and veterean Peter Aerts in the final to take the gold and a top place among the world’s elite strikers. Overeem voiced interest in fighting in the Dynamite!! New Year’s Eve show but only if it was for the heavyweight strap. Rumours of opponents like Bobby Lashely circulated but were unconfirmed before Overeem finally got his wish when former UFC heavyweight, Todd Duffee, stepped up to the plate. Overeem disposed of Duffee in just under twenty seconds, proving his dominance in the ring once again and completing his trophy collection.
Quite a feat considering he defended the Strikeforce belt and became champion of K1 and Dream all in the one year. The future certainly looks bright for The Reem, with a title defense against Fabricio Werdum in the works and a possible encounter with Fedor Emelianenko on the horizon. If he continues his winning ways in 2011 we may see the beginning of a legend.