- UFC 183: Anderson Silva vs. Nick Diaz Highlights
- UFC 183 Post-Fight Bonuses: Thiago Alves Pockets $50,000
- Poll: Where Does Anderson Silva Go From Here?
- Benson Henderson To Make Welterweight Debut, Faces Brandon Thatch At UFC Fight Night 60
- UFC 183: Miesha Tate vs. Sara McMann Highlights And Post-Fight Interview
- UFC 183 Post-Fight Press Conference
- UFC 183 Main Card Live Results: Anderson Silva Outclasses Nick Diaz
- Jose Aldo vs. Conor McGregor Official For UFC 189 Main Event In July
- UFC 183 Weigh-Ins Video & Results: Gastelum & Lineker Miss Badly
Former Bellator bantamweight champion Zach Makovsky cut by company
In a somewhat surprising move, Bellator has severed ties with it’s first bantamweight champion.
Zach Makovsky, who became the organizations first 135 lbs champ after winning the season 3 tournament, announced via his Twitter account that he has been cut.
“Honestly shocked but thank you for the opportunity @BellatorMMA @BjornRebney” Makovsky said.
He may not be the only one shocked as the move comes only weeks before Bellator moves from MTV2 to its new home at Spike TV. But apparently the organization felt the need to let “Fun Size” go after suffering back to back losses. He dropped the title to Eduardo Dantas via second round arm triangle choke back in April and recently dropped a close split decision to Anthony Leone on December 7. Prior to that, Makovsky rode an eight fight winning streak which included victories over Nick Mamalis, Bryan Goldsby and Ed West that earned him the title. He won two non-title bouts against Chad Robichaux and Ryan Roberts before losing his first title defense to Dantas.
The 29-year-old will try his luck on the free agency market where organizations such as Taichi Palace and perhaps the UFC could show some interest.