- Rafael Dos Anjos Wants Fight With ‘Disrespectful’ Conor McGregor
- Jon Jones Upgraded To Suspect In New Mexico Hit-And-Run Accident
- Poll: Is Demetrious Johnson The World’s No. 1 Pound-For-Pound Fighter?
- What’s Next For UFC 186’s Biggest Winners?
- Rashad Evans Would ‘Definitely Give Rampage A Rematch’
- UFC 186: Michael Bisping vs. C.B. Dollaway Video Highlights
- UFC 186: Rampage Jackson vs. Fabio Maldonado Video Highlights
- UFC 186: Demetrious Johnson vs. Kyoji Horiguchi Video Highlights
- Al Iaquinta Meets Bobby Green At UFC on FOX 16
- UFC 186 Bonuses: ‘Mighty Mouse’ Leads List Of Four $50,000 Winners
Former Bellator bantamweight champion Zach Makovsky cut by company
In a somewhat surprising move, Bellator has severed ties with it’s first bantamweight champion.
Zach Makovsky, who became the organizations first 135 lbs champ after winning the season 3 tournament, announced via his Twitter account that he has been cut.
“Honestly shocked but thank you for the opportunity @BellatorMMA @BjornRebney” Makovsky said.
He may not be the only one shocked as the move comes only weeks before Bellator moves from MTV2 to its new home at Spike TV. But apparently the organization felt the need to let “Fun Size” go after suffering back to back losses. He dropped the title to Eduardo Dantas via second round arm triangle choke back in April and recently dropped a close split decision to Anthony Leone on December 7. Prior to that, Makovsky rode an eight fight winning streak which included victories over Nick Mamalis, Bryan Goldsby and Ed West that earned him the title. He won two non-title bouts against Chad Robichaux and Ryan Roberts before losing his first title defense to Dantas.
The 29-year-old will try his luck on the free agency market where organizations such as Taichi Palace and perhaps the UFC could show some interest.